Truck freight rose by 10.5% in December 2011 based upon the American Trucking Association tonnage index. In addition, tonnage rose 5.9% overall in 2011 which was the largest annual increase since 1998.
So the big question is, are you seeing similar growth in your business? If you answered YES, congratulations on all your hard work and success, I am sure it was not an accident because growth rarely is.
On the other hand if you answered NO, have you taken the time to figure out why and exactly how you are going to change that in 2012?
Here are a few questions to ask yourself in an effort to help stimulate growth in 2012!
- How diverse is your customer base?
- What is your customer retention/turnover?
- When was the last time you visited your top 10 customers?
- Are you still cold calling or have you mastered warm calling?
- Are you taking the time to cross sell services including LTL, partials and rail?
- How many customers from referrals did you get in 2011?
- How much time are you spending daily/weekly prospecting for new business?
- Is it time to move out of your home office and hire your first employee to help take your business to a new level?
- Do you have access to the support and technology needed to thrive?
One of the most important lessons I have learned in my carreer is that any question or problem can be answered or solved if you ask the right questions!
LDi’s growth strategy has 7 main points…
- Continue to provide top notch support to our freight broker agents
- Maintain our “A” credit rating with carriers by paying them on time, all the time.
- Continue to improve our service offering in all areas including Full Truckload, Partials, LTL, Rail and International.
- Invest in technology/systems that makes everyone’s job easier, faster and more profitable.
- Increase our truck capacity via our carrier sales/development efforts
- Continue to train and develop our biggest asset…LDi’s people!
- Attract talented new freight broker agents and employees to join our team by showing we are the “Best in Class – Agent Based Freight Brokerage in North America.”
One thing is certain, 2012 will not be without challenges but as you can see LDi is prepared to help our freight agents every step of the way.
To learn more on why top freight brokers, truck brokers, logistics brokers and freight agents join LDi check out www.LDiAgent.com
P.S. Did you know you can enter to win a FREE iPad 2 just by Liking us on Facebook?
CEO, Logistic Dynamics (LDi)