- Get Blog Updates
Most Popular Posts
- The $75,000 Broker Bond Is Now Law! What are my options?
- What’s the biggest challenge freight broker agents face today?
- 6 Ways Freight Brokers/Agents Can Increase Carrier Capacity
- 7 Cool Ways For Freight Brokers To Say Thank You
- “Where Price Meets Value”…The true differentiator!
- #1 Strategy Top Freight Brokers Use To Get New Customers
- 11 Goal Setting Tips For Freight Brokers & Freight Agents!
- Freight Broker / Freight Agent – Motivation!
- My Top 10 Mobile Apps for Freight Brokers & Freight Agents
- Freight hits 13 year high but are you growing?
- Chad Lincoln on How can technology help increase profits for freight agents?
- Canadian shipping company on 11 Goal Setting Tips For Freight Brokers & Freight Agents!
- Brandon M. on Freight Broker Tax Tips – 39 Deductions You Need To Know!
- Ted Keyes on Shipping Wars – Do Cheap Rates Make Good Television?
- DennisBrown on What is the #1 reason why prospects don’t buy?
- May 2013 (4)
- April 2013 (3)
- March 2013 (4)
- February 2013 (3)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- October 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (1)
- February 2012 (2)
- January 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (1)
- October 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (1)
- August 2011 (4)
- July 2011 (5)
- June 2011 (3)
Author Archives: DennisBrown
Although we are first and foremost freight agents and brokers, our skills as salespeople are vitally important. Without the ability to attract and convert prospects into customers, our role as freight brokers and agents would come to an abrupt halt. … Continue reading
Guerrilla Marketing For Freight Brokers and Freight Agents – Part 2 For most small business owners, the idea of marketing is a scary proposition and freight brokers and freight agents are no exception. After all, marketing takes time and money. … Continue reading
There’s a catch phrase that caught my eye today. It’s TOMA, an acronym that stands for “top of mind awareness.” In business, the most successful business people are those who first come to mind when a customer has a need. … Continue reading
It seems the transportation industry has been a hot ticket for reality television series as of late. A few weeks back I highlighted a series on The History Channel called Big Rig Bounty Hunters. This week I wanted to talk … Continue reading
When money is involved it doesn’t matter what industry you’re in, it’s very likely that there are scam artists out there looking to separate you from your hard-earned cash. The transportation industry is no exception. In fact, the transportation industry is a … Continue reading
Franklin D. Roosevelt once said, “We have nothing to fear but fear itself.” His statement, of course, was aimed at a country mired in the Great Depression. And while it wasn’t aimed at freight brokers and freight agents attempting to overcome sales … Continue reading
April 15 is just around the corner, so if you haven’t already filed the clock is ticking! The good news is most freight agents and brokers are considered independent contractors, and are entitled to certain business expense write-offs that can … Continue reading
Admittedly, when it comes to entertainment, I’m more likely to tune into a documentary than a reality TV show. But when I heard the History Channel would be debuting a new reality show titled Big Rig Bounty Hunters, my curiosity … Continue reading
Everyone has good and bad habits and the fact is these habits dictate our daily activities as well as define our businesses. We tend to do things the same way over and over again because it’s comfortable. The longer these habits are … Continue reading
For many of us, one of the most dreaded aspects of selling is the cold call. We hate unsolicited sales pitches, so the idea of having to be the perpetrator of such a necessary yet often unwanted task makes it … Continue reading