1. Set both business and personal goals to help create work life balance
2. Be specific about your goals, details are important
3. Make goals measurable
4. Set challenging but attainable goals
5. Set goals that are rewarding
6. Make sure goals are time bound and trackable
7. Write your goals down on paper
8. Make goals public
9. Prioritize your goals
10. Make sure to reward yourself for accomplishments
11. Review your goals weekly, if not daily
I was fortunate enough, starting at an early age, to have some great mentors throughout my life that taught me the value of the goal setting process. I am a big believer in goal setting regardless if you’re an athlete, business executive or entrepreneur. Goals provide long term vision as well as short term motivation. Goals provide direction and clarity in an ever cluttered and distracting world.
So no matter what you do or who you are; an athlete, student, parent, entrepreneur, freight broker or freight agent give these goal setting tips a try. I think you will be surprised how much it can help you focus on what is important and how satisfying it is to set a goal, strive to achieve it and then accomplish it.
Do you have a tip that’s not on the list? If so leave a comment below, we enjoy your feedback!
Logistic Dynamics, Inc.
Click here to connect with me on Linkedin!